When: Saturday 2/27 and/or Sunday 2/28
Time: TBD-ish - let's try for around reset for up to 2 hours
Note: you will not need full ascended gear. If you have it, awesome. If you want to get some, the most important ones to get first are trinkets (rings, earrings, amulet, backpiece) and weapons. Armor gives the least amount of benefit. Perfecting your class rotation and bringing the appropriate build, stats, runes, sigils and foods are most important.
Post what class and role you plan to play below and I'll update this thread to indicate who is bringing what.
1. Toughness/DPS - role is to do some damage while keeping the vale guardian moving around the floor out of bad quadrants. - (Tanky/Condi Guardian - Ev)
2. DPS power (with interrupt chain handy) - green circle team if heavy or medium (DPS Power Ele - Muloo)
3. DPS power (with interrupt chain handy) - green circle team alt if heavy or medium (Dare Devil - Goseldt)
4. DPS power (with interrupt chain handy) - Army - PS Warrior
5. DPS - power or condi (O Nix O - DPS ele)
6. Condition DPS - needed for Red Guardian - will most likely also be on green circle team - (John Polsar - Condi Reaper)
7. Condition DPS - needed for Red Guardian - will most likely also be on green circle team - (Burnzerker - P2)
8. Dedicated Support - Druid or Tempest - green circle team (Finn - druid)
9. Chrono/utility for quickness sharing (Mog)
10. Herald for DPS, boon duration assist, staff interrupt (Mish/Penny)
In the unlikely event we have 10+, we'll swap people in/out so everyone has a chance at it. In the likely chance that some folks have time conflicts and can't be at the raid at the last minute, we'll add in folks from this list:
DPS Warrior - Kalamir
There follows more blather:
We will most likely not defeat the vale guardian on the first or second or tenth try. Learning the fight takes time. Be prepared to wipe repeatedly. You will get magenetite shards just for trying. We will be gentle on each other and try for as long as we're able to laugh it off.
Also note that playing your class in a raid will be a lot different than how it plays in other formats. Be gentle on yourself and give yourself permission to screw up a lot until you understand what's going on. And there is a lot going on!
I am confident we can beat it eventually. It just might take us a few days.